Tuesday, May 30, 2006









Ok, Sharon, thanks for reminding me it has been a few days (Again) since I updated my blog!

I put a few eggs in the incubator a while ago. Only one of them hatched. It is a little khaki Campbell duck.
We felt sorry for the little guy not having any other hatchlings to cuddle up with so, after several phone calls we found someone willing to sell us a one week old duck to keep it company.
Cup Cake (The already named week old duck) is huge compared to lonesome. It will be interesting to see what he grows up into. We were told he is a Campbell but we have our doubts about that at the moment!
We also bought 6 day old chicks last week. We wanted 12 but we were told all but 6 were already spoken for.
The store phoned us a couple of days later to say they had another 14 if we were interested.
Of course we said yes, So we now have 20 little chick and 2 little ducks.
Of course we still have lots of bunnies!
I will post some picture of the chick another day.

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you my friend. Love to read about the critters !!!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Bristolcare said...

You are welcome. Thanks for continuing to read about my critters !!

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger patsy said...

I would like to keep ducks but no pond so I have never tried also I have to pen up my chickens because of the dogs and I don't think the ducks would do well pened up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home