
We had to take our goat Becky to the vet on Saturday.
She had been limping for about 5 days. I tipped her over and checked her hoof to see if anything was in there bothering her but saw nothing.
I looked again on Saturday and saw a nasty looking infected cut.
The closest farm animal vet to us is in Duncan so we put her in the van and drove her there. The cost would have been doubled if the vet had to come to us.
He cleaned and treated the wound and gave her a shot of penicillin. He gave me a bottle of penicillin 5 needles and showed me where and how to give her the shot!
I was a little apprehensive to say the least as I have never given an injection before but I gave her the first one yesterday and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

1 Comments:
The joys of animals....She should start feeling better in no time now..... Good on ya for being a good Mom....
Hugs
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home