Oh my gosh. What an 'adventure' Rob and I had on Monday.
Glennis, the goat breeder from Alberta, was willing to drive all the way to Hope to meet us.
She brought the 3 goats we were buying from her. Maggie, with her month old doe Jenny and Hey Babe, a month old buck.
We were on the 7 45 ferry out of Nanaimo and got to Hope at noon. The transfer from Glennis's vehicle to ours was relatively easy and we were heading home before 1 00.
We were so glad that we would make it back in time to get the 3 15 ferry back to the island.
The condensed version is: Our car broke down in Surrey. We missed the 3 15 ferry.
Needed to get the tow truck to get us and a car full of goats to a garage.
Rob told the curious that we were on our way to a BBQ !!!!!!!
The problem was something to do with a broken seal on the transmission, Plus I was all but out of oil!
What can I say, if the little light didn't come on to tell me I was low on gas I would forget to put that in as well...
We missed the 5 15 ferry.
We went to our daughters house in Richmond and let the poor goat out of the car and into her yard.
Maggie head butted the gate and with Jenny behind her ran for her life up the middle of the street.
Rob was just too embarrassed to even come and help me chase them through neighbors back yard and drag her back by the horns to the car.
We did make the 8 15 ferry and got home by 10 30.
It was all worth it. The 3 of them are adorable. So far no problems with them with Saline, Molly and Becky.
Still can't post pictures. As soon as the problem is fixed I will have lots to show you.

2 Comments:
But did you get pics of goat herding? LOL Sounds like quite the trip.
Glad you made it home safe and sound.
Congrats on the new family members.
I bet that sent the stress levels up, horns are really useful appendages on goats we find!
Looking forward to seeing the pics.
I posted on here a couple of a little while back, but it doesn't seem to be here - it was when Blogger was having probs. I do remember saying I like your dog - I had a lovely lurcher some years ago now, bestest dog ever.
Take care
Rita
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home