I started this post a few days ago and saved it in drafts meaning the date is wrong.
Date today is June 14th
Friend Sharon called the other morning saying WE need more Muscovy ducks.
She had been browsing a local 'For Sell' site and just happened to read about FOUR Muscovy ducks needing a new home ASAP.
Of course I phoned. Two drakes and two hens. Both hens were on eggs. Yep, I did it!
Betsey, Rosy, Rolph and Huey have joined our Duke and Duchess.
I gave Huey to a lady that had been asking me where she could find Muscovy ducks. I had managed to find a female for her but no male. This worked out well as I didn't need to have 3 males.
Yesterday was my grandson's class field trip out here.
The day before I had been working at cleaning up a few things before they came. I wanted to move a few board of wood that I thought looked a bit unsightly.
In the process I stepped on a large nail that was sticking out of one of the boards.
With in an hour my foot had turned red and was starting to swell. It was extremely painful and I knew I should go to the Dr and get a tetanus shot. I justified not going by telling myself it was more important to get the place kid safe. In hind sight I know I should have gone right away.
I got very little sleep that night because of the pain in my foot. By morning my foot and toes were huge and purple.
I was able to drive to the clinic and was fortunate enough to get to see a Dr right away.
The foot is infected. I have to take antibiotics four times a day for 5 days. I also had my first ever Tetanus shot. I go back to the Dr on Monday.
The kids had a blast out here. I think the teacher had as much fun with the critters as the kids did.
I bought a tub of ice cream and cones, we sat on bales of hay at the end of the visit to eat them.

5 Comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your foot -hope it gets better soon. Glad the field trip went well and that you now have four more ducks.
Sara from farmingfriends
So glad the class trip went well - please take care of that foot! Having done something similar a few years ago it took a lo-o-o-o-ng time before it was back to normal - good luck - alice
You nit! (am I allowed to say that?!) Take very good care of that foot, you have a lot of critters relying on you. Sounds like the field trip was a great success, I bet your grandson is really proud. It will become an annual event now.
Hi Rita. I haven't heard that expression for ages! Of course you can say it.
Its not the first time I have heard it believe me!! I have been called a nit wit many times... LOL
Nail in Foot: Not so good.....
Class visit: Soon will be school visits.........hehe..
Take care of yourself, see all that nervousness over their visit was for nothing.....knew it would go well......
Hugs
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home