
Getting ready for Christmas is a busy and hectic time for most people.
There is no exception to that rule around here, bathing Bridgett the dog before Christmas was all part of craziness.
when her original owner needed to be put in a nursing home the care giver who was left with her decided the only option for this dog was to have her 'put to sleep'
My friend was the dog walker and she told me the story of this little dog that know one wanted.
Bridgett had a bad ass attitude and would snap and bite at you if you even looked at her the wrong way.
She had endured years of abuse and assumed all humans were the same.
When her situation was getting desperate, I heard myself saying "I will FOSTER her until a permanent home can be found".
She was only with me about a week and I think even she knew she had found her forever home.
She snapped, growled and bit her way into my heart and I love her.
That was 6 years ago.
She has mellowed considerably but is still a grumpy dog with a bad attitude

1 Comments:
You are right Pat, I am a complete sucker when it comes to animals. It is almost a petting zoo around here now. lol
Hope Zant is able to go to the panto.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home