Not such a great day today.
I went out side this morning to find two live chicks, one dead chick and the other 6 missing from the 'Nursery Pen'
I don't think mink are responsible this time. Maybe a cat? We will probably never know.
Lucy's nest had also been disturbed. I thinks her eggs are duds anyway but was going to give them another week.
The foot is still swollen and painful but better than it was. Guess that is a good thing.

3 Comments:
Glad your foot is on the mend. Sorry about the chicks, we've been watching 'Spring watch' on the TV and they have hidden cameras in various nests, I never realised the number of predators that will steal eggs and fledglings. They range from other birds, mink, stoats, foxes. It's a wonder any survive at all. Not nice when they steal your chicks from your back yard though.
I am so sorry about the chicks. It is sad when animals are taken. One of my guinea fowl went missing the other day - the only thing left was a few feathers - I think it was a fox. Glad to hear your foot is getting better though.
Sara from farmingfriends
Geeze that sucks......so sorry to hear.....
Look after that foot.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home