Friday, July 07, 2006

I rented a drum carder from the Spinners Guild in the hopes that I could get my bags of alpaca fleece ready for spinning.
Turns out the teeth on the carder are too corse for alpaca so I am blending some wool of unknown origin with it.

The wool is a little rough, but with the alpaca blended with it, its not too bad.

Jeanette, my sister-in-law in England offered to knit some slippers with it for me if I send it to her.
Say no more. It will be its way as soon as I can get it spun!
Knitting is not my forte.
Not good when you like to spin!

I took some pix of the rovings that I have so far, problem is, they are not down-loading (or is it up-loading?) from the camera to the computer..gerrrrr..!!!!! Frustrating!!!!!!
Will post them when I figure out the problem.


Meanwhile..
A couple of pictures of the roses in my garden for my dear friend Sharon.
One of her close friends died in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Love and a hug Sharon. I am thinking of you.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the flowers, my friend !! Your kind thoughts and hugs and much needed and appreciated. I will call you when I get home on Sunday or on Monday morning.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home