Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We had a good time at the VIX. Met some angora goat breeders who are very interested in my goats.

One lady all but begged me not to get Hey Babe nuetered until he was old enough to breed with her doe. My goats would bring new blood lines to the island breeders. Something that it seems hasn't happened for a while!

My phone no. is being passed around already and I am wondering it I will in fact get calls from the interested breeders.

Although tempting, I don't think I want to make a bussiness out of my goats. At the moment they are pets and a hobby. To increase the herd or let Hey Babe go out as a stud services sounds like work not pleasure, I think it would take all the fun out of having them. So some time soon Hey Babe will go to the vet to be fixed.

I talked to the lady who was doing the sheep shearing and she agreed to come to the house after the show and shear Maggie for me. It coat me $45 but was well worth it to have it done properly.

I Can hardly recognise this girl as Maggie with out all the hair!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home