Saturday, October 21, 2006

I went with my daughter and her boys to Butterfly World in combs last week. combs is a nice 45 min drive from home.
We got there about 11 00. It is not a big place but it was a very pleasant place to spend a couple of hours. There are lots of birds flying free, mostly finches. There are a couple of ponds with fish and turtles in them.
I think it would be neat to have some turtles in our pond but don't think they could survive our winters.
I particularly liked watching the button quail running around. I would love to have an aviary outside, If we ever get one built, button quail will be a must in it.

On our way home we stopped at a market and browsed through lots of quaint little shops. I was very tempted to buy myself a lovely red alpaca sweater. I thought about the cost of it and although it really was a good deal I decided against it because I wouldn't wear it at home for fear one of my critters would ruin it and not sure I go out enough to justify buying it!

The rabbit man called to say he couldn't come out last Sunday to pick up the rabbits but that he will be coming our way some time in the week.
I am looking forward to reducing the rabbit population around here so really hope he follows through and comes to get some of them soon.

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger Carolynn Anctil said...

I hope their new home(s) are as nice as the one they've enjoyed with you. They all look very happy, healthy and well cared for.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home