Wednesday, September 27, 2006



I decided it was time to wash the rest of the fleece that I had from Maggie.
I filled the tub with very hot soapy water and put the fleece in to soak. After soaking for 1/2 hr the water looked like mud!
I changed the water four times before I felt the fleece was clean enough to use for spinning..
I wasn't happy with the drying time with the last batch that I washed. I was starting to worry that it would go moldy before it dried.
I emailed one, and tried to phone another spinning friend to ask if the fleece would be OK if I put it in the tumble dryer on air.
Both friends were out of town. Being impatient, and seeing as I had already washed the fleece, I decided to put the wet fleece in a pillow case, spin the water out of it in the washing machine, empty the loose fleece into the dryer and air dry for 10 Min's.
It has turned out beautifully and so far is looking good on the carder.

After the fact, I got an email back from my friend advising against the dryer as I may end up with clean but useless fiber!!
I am anxious to spin with it now. Hope I haven't ruined it all!
Will let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home