Friday, September 15, 2006



one and a half years ago my cousin-in-law introduced me to the art of spinning.
She kind of chuckles that from about half hour on her spinning wheel, I came home, joined a spinning group and rented a wheel. From there I bought my own wheel.
At first I spun alpaca and sheep fleece that I was lucky enough to have given to me.
She knew I was totally addicted when I bought angora goats so that I would have my own supply of spinning matirial!

I keep in touch with the goat breeder and in her last email to me, she commented on how she was laughing at how quickly I have gone from owning one angora to three. From wanting them only as pets with a purpose, (the purpose being their fiber) and now I am asking her about registering them, breeding them and showing them next year at our local fair.
I guess thery are both right, I am hooked! What else can I say!

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My

You are so hooked !! Too Funny!!

Will call you when I get bacK !!

Aloha

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Rita said...

I've got a Majacraft too! I haven't spun for ages, I'm trying to actually finish something for once instead of just adding to my pile of 'experiments'. Your picture is making me want to go spin though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home