My daughter and I went to the SPCA the other day to look at the dogs that were available for adoption.
There was a sweet looking Dalmation with brown spots, two large Rotties, a magnificent looking Coonhound as well as cross bred dogs.
One of the cross breed was a Black Lab cross. His name was Jeeves. He was just the sweetest calmest boy.
We took him out on his leash to the exercise yard and my daughter decided to adopt him.
We told the office we would be back in an hour, that we were going to pick up the boys from school and bring them to see the dog to make sure the dog and the boys would get along together.
When we got back, the boys were excited about Jeeves and asked to take him in the yard on his leash.
I went to the office to ask for help doing that and they said ' You know he has to go with the dog he was brought in with, they are a package deal.'
Now, If the dogs were inseparable, I would think they should have been in the same run together, also it would have been nice if we had been told that when we first showed an interest in Jeeves.
Talking to one of the volunteers after the fact, we were told a lady had been in at the same time as us that morning, wanting to adopt the other little dog.
Neither my daughter or the other lady were interested in having two dogs. Both left without adopting a dog.
Both these dogs could have been adopted out that day. I wonder how long they will sit in their cages, alone, before they are inevitable, I believe, be sold as individuals.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home