Friday, September 22, 2006

I have finished the alpaca/wool yarn that I have been working on.
It is on its way to England, to my sister-in-law, Jeannett, who is going to knit slipper for with it.

I have been trying spinning some of the mohair from Maggie.
I have to say, I am not pleased with the way it is spinning up.
Not sure what the problem is.
The drum carder that I am using is the pits. so it may need more prep.
I also think the tenion on my wheel may need ajusting, plus of course the operator (Me) could be doing something wrong!
The thing is, I have spun mohair before and didn't encounter any problems, so I think I will hold off for a bit with it and take it to the next spinning guild meeting. Lots of help there for a novice like me.

Not much happening with the new deck. Rob has been real busy with work so hasn't had much time to work at home.
I will be staining the railing today.

Picture of Rob and our son preparing the deck floor for instalation.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM , Blogger Rita said...

The yarn looks great! I'm sure someone at your guild will help you solve the mohair problem. I had problems trying to card alpaca with my Ashford carder, so I had to invest in a Straunch, there's no comparison!

And the deck looks very inviting - will there be grand opening?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home