Friday, June 22, 2007

After several phone calls I managed to find a bird breeder that had a female Black Breasted Red old English Bantam. BBR for short.
A friend of ours gave us a BBR rooster a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to get a companion for him. The rooster I named Little Red, The hen is named Ginger.
They have settled in very well together.

After Thelma Louise died I felt very sad for Mohawk.
I called the same breeder and told him what had happened and asked if he would sell me another old English hen.
He agreed.
I took Mohawk with me and was surprised to learn that Mohawk is not an Old English at all. He is a Silver Japanese Bantam. One of good quality according to Blair and his father Larry. (The breeders)
Fortunately for me, they also have Japanese Bantams. They sold me a hen with a week old chick. I have never seen anything so tiny as this little chick.
I really have to get out and take more pictures of my still growing menagerie.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Rita said...

I wanna see pictures lol.

 
At 2:12 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Me tooooooooooooo lol

 
At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting new hens is always exciting. Can't wait to see some photos.
Sara from farmingfriends

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home