Sunday, February 26, 2006





Our muscovy duck, Marmaduck, is lonely.
She use to get along well with the khaki Campbell ducks but now they don't want her hanging out with them.
It is quite sad to see her following them around and see them put the run on her if she gets too close.
I answered an add in the buy-sale-trade. Someone was looking for a new home for a lonely Musckovy drake.
I decided to get him as a companion for Marmaduck and made plans with the people to go get him last Friday.
I drove 45 mins to Duncan to pick him up only to be told it was the daughters duck and she had changed her mind about letting him go!
As you can imagine, I was not too pleased!
Anyway, it has turned out for the best.
The Cambells started laying their eggs in behind the goat shelter. They are not easy to get at so I have not collected them for a few days.
Went out this morning to get them and would you believe Marmy is sitting on them!
Not sure if they are viable or not because of the very cold weather that we have had but think it will be great if she is able to hatch them.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home