Friday, February 17, 2006


One of my ducks is missing.

There are no feathers that I can see and no body, so I doubt it was a mink that took it.
Mink are nasty vicious thing.
We have had them in the chicken coop in the past and they leave a mutilated mess behind them.
Kesha the dog is pretty good at putting the run on them.
We haven't had any around for a while thanks to her.

We get eagles checking out the place every once in a while. One may have swooped down and took the duck.
A slim chance is that she is in the bush somewhere sitting on a nest of eggs.
It would be lovely to see her come out with some babies in a month from now but as I said, Slim chance of that being where she is.

I went to the mainland on Wednesday to visit my daughter and her family.
She phoned me on Tuesday evening to ask if she could have a couple of bunnies for her boys.

I decided to let them have Keeper and Little Honey Bunny.

It was sad getting them into the box to give them away but the boys were so excited to get them. (It was a surprise)
I know they will be better off with a family who will spend more time playing with them than I would.

My friends dogs, Bailey and Missy, saying goodbye to Keeper and Little Honey bunny.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Blogger Bristolcare said...

Hi Sue.. well it seems very normal to me as well! doesn't every one walk with 6 dogs and 3 goats..hahaha
miss you lots

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Bristolcare said...

OH OH. Did he scratch you? probably time to trim his little nails!
Is he in his new house yet?

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Is that picture of the dogs checking out the rabbits ever cute.......love your pond too...

One day, I can dream can't I? lol

 
At 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First,I am sorry to hear about the missing duck and
hope,like you do,that it is just protecting its eggs
right now in the bushes(see??I do read it).

Second,I am glad that the two lads got the bunny
rabbits and they are not going to grow them for dinner
one day.(they will probably dip them in chocolate for
Easter)


Those are the top two notes of the week.I hope you
are doing well and the sunny days are off-setting the
cold nights.

See you soon....

Roy

FRIENDS ARE FOREVER !!

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - just found your comment so ignore confusing e-mail. Sorry about losing your duck, I really hope she is hiding somewhere and returns with a little feathered family. Glad the grandkids got the bunnies - how many are you down to now - bunnies not grandkids! Any news about expectant angoras nearer than Alberta? - there are about twenty here still needing a new home and they have coats ready to spin!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home