
My friend Sue told me there are 20 or so angora goats for sale in her neck of the woods in England.
I want to get a couple of angora kid goats so that I can spin mohair. Unfortunately they are not so easy to find here as they are in England.
After a lengthy web search last year I finally connected with a breeder in Alberta that had kids for sale.
I purchased a beautiful 6 month old girl that I named Angelina.

She was only here a few short week. We found her one morning laying on her side bleating very softly.
I carried her into the house knowing that she wasn't going to make it.
I cried over her as she died in my arms.
I called the breeder right away. She was to lose a dozen of her herd, mostly the babies, before finding our that they had an internal parasite that they couldn't
fight off.It was so very sad.
Anyway, I am now waiting until August before she has kids ready to leave their mammas.
In the mean time I am back on the net trying to find an angora goat breeder closer to home that will have kids for sale before August.

3 Comments:
That is so very sad.......she was beautiful....... Good luck in your search.
Hi Diane,
Thanks for all the wonderful photos of your furry friends and updates on life on the farm. It sounds like you've found your niche and I'm very impressed with your many and varied talents, like the wool project. Seeing all your bunnies, I'm very tempted to adopt one of them from you...but not yet. I'm sorry your angora kid didn't make it. I know how heart wrenching that is. She was a beautiful girl. I think of you often and I'm glad to hear you sounding so happy and content.
Love,Carolynn
That's a shame :o(
Vancouver Island is an amazing place. I loved it there! It's a world away from Bristol (the one in the UK, anyway - if that's where you're from).
Hope you find another nearby goat breeder.
Corbs, Swindon, UK
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home