Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The pleasure that I get from my critters far outweigh the negative side of having them all.
The negative side at the moment is having them die or just disappear.

We got a new rooster not so long ago. He was a handsome fellow who fit right in with his new 'ladies'
He disappeared 2 days ago.
Yesterday, Speckles, one of the hens was missing.
Just like the duck that went missing last week there are no feathers, blood or body to indicate what happened to them.

Three days ago one of the little rabbits was not looking so good. I brought him into the house.
He seemed very delicate compared to his litter mates and didn't seem to want to eat.
I mixed up some sugar water and bottle fed him every couple of hours. He seemed to have a bit more energy but still wasn't eating. I cooked up carrots, put them in the blender and spoon fed them to him.
I made a bed of alpaca wool for him to help keep him warm.

This morning the little guy was dead.

I think I am past crying over this kind of thing. I am resigned to the fact that it goes along with the territory but I think each of my critters will get a little extra attention today, I appreciate the joy that each of them give me and the pleasure from them does outwiegh the sad times.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Pat said...

You wouldn't have a cougar in the area would ya? Just a thought if they could get into downtown Victoria must be farther up island too.

Sorry about the critters, I would be a balling idiot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home