Tuesday, August 29, 2006



Very upsetting news to share. Our mamma goat Maggie died last night.
The latch was broken on the gate and all the goats were out and roaming in the 'People' yard. Not usually a problem except Maggie ate something toxic.
We had her at the vet last night but it was too late.

Goats can not throw up like most animals so they cannot get ride of any poison in their systoms.
The vet asked if we had any rhodos in the yard. said he looses goats and alpaca to rhodo poisoning.

Jenny, Maggie's baby is calling and calling for her mamma, it is breaking my heart to hear her.

I went online to find out other plants that are toxic to goats. I am amazed at how many there are! I have no clue as to what most of them look like so if they are on the property I woudn't know anyway!
I am hoping to find someone who knows more about plants and trees than I do and ask them to wander the property and see what else may be lurking there!

2 Comments:

At 7:23 AM , Blogger Pat said...

I'm so sorry......that really sucks...

Hugs

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Carolynn Anctil said...

I'm so sorry. Animals bring so much to our lives and it's so painful when they go. My heart goes out to you and Jenny. Carolynn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home