More about Arnie.
Even though he is wethered, (neutered) I am finding it a bit daunting to stand eye to horn with a goat, especially when I know very little of his history.
We discovered that he does not like kids. Not boy anyway.
My grandsons were over on the weekend and wanted to go see Arnie. Thank goodness I told them they are not to go in with him without me.
I went in first and the boys followed. Arnie took one look at them and his eyes and posture changed immediately. His head went downwards and sideways as he turned to go for them.
I told the boys to get behind me and head for the gate. Arnie wasn't overly impressed that the boys got away so he stood between me and the gate not wanting to let me out!
A stern voice calmed him and he seems to accept that I am the 'dominant being' around here.
I don't know when the poor fellow had his hooves trimmed last, they look like never.
They are so overgrown, He doesn't walk around very much and I think he is in pain because of the lack of foot care.
A lady from the goat association is coming over tomorrow to tattoo Hey Babe and Jenny. She said she would have a look at Arnie for me while she is here. She said she will also trim his hooves for me as that is something I am still not comfortable doing.
It will be interesting to get her opinion about him.
I will post more about him as time goes by.

1 Comments:
This sounds like it might be fun ......LOL I want pictures!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home