Our clocks jumped ahead an hour on the weekend.
It is so nice to have daylight lasting into the evening. Rob and I were still working outside last evening with out realising we had worked past dinner time!
We have let Arnie the goat in with the our other goats. They seem to be working out their differences with out out any major issues.
He has taken to Rob and follows him around the yard whenever he is out there. He tried pushing Rob a couple of times. Rob yelled at him, smacked him on the nose and wagged his finger at him. Arnie backed off and was good the rest of the day, Until I went in with them. It almost seemed as if he wants Rob all to him self.
He started circling me and keeping me away from Rob, At one point he stood on his hind legs ready to head butt me!
Rob thought it was Hilarius, until I said I was going to get rid of him, that I would fatten him up and let our friend have him. (She raises meat goats!)
We finally got a mate for Duke. He is our lone Muscovy duck.
'Duchess' was breed to be a meat bird. The day she was going to the processing plant her owners dropped her off to us. They knew I wanted to get a partner for Duke and this duck was a bit smaller than all the others, (lucky for her I say)
As you can see she is all white. If Duke and her hit it off they should produce some nice babies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home