Today the weather looks good. No rain! The sky is its usual grey but its nice and bright.
I almost believe the sun may be close to showing its self.
I have been wandering around outside. I see lots of areas that I want to start working on. For starters, both ponds need cleaning out.
The netting we plan to cover the ponds with each fall is still in the kitchen drawer, so that means the falling leaves go into the ponds!
Its still a bit early to fish the leaves out because the gold fish are still hibernating under them, so I will start working around the outside of the smaller pond.
The little lattice fence is broken in several places. We have extra pieces so when I feel more energetic I will replace the busted ones and firm up the others that are still OK.
I will also top dress with fresh soil. In my minds eye I see lovely little flowers and low lying ground cover around this pond, plus a little rockery. However, from past experience the reality is, whatever I plant will be eaten by the rabbits or chickens, or the goats if they get out of their yard.
The ground cover that is there now seems impervious to harm so I am thinking I will just let it take over the area and not bother to try growing anything else there.

1 Comments:
LOL, if/when my goats escape the make straight for the shrub border and chomp as quickly as they can, and the chickens - well, I've given up expecting a pristine garden. They are leaving most of the daffodil flowers alone this year...the only benefit of the continuous wet weather is it keeps them inside a lot more.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home