Saturday, July 28, 2007

A while ago I blogged about Angel. Angel is a Rottweiler cross that belongs to D, a friend of ours.
D loves Angel but circumstances have made it necessary for D to look for work out of town.
He was in turmoil over Angel and asked if it came down to having to go with out her would we be willing to look after her for him.
We agreed. The next couple of month D went back and forth between finding a job where she could go with him to leaving her with us.
An out of town camp job came along and Angel was able to go. I breathed a sigh if relief and forgot about it.
About 3 weeks ago D phoned to say a fantastic opportunity had come up for him but it would mean leaving Angel.

We/I now have a 1 year old large Rotti cross that is WORK.
She is still such a puppy and wants to play all the time. My 2 hounds are older and laid back, they are seldom interested in playing with her, fortunately they are very tolerant of her!

D will be working 28 days in and 8 days out, He will come get Angel on his out days.

Picture is Angel trying to share Sam's couch. Sam not too impressed with the intrusion!

3 Comments:

At 5:35 PM , Blogger Alice said...

I love part time canine companions ... in my case the puppy is the permanent resident and the 'oldsters' are the ones who do not want to put up with the kid LOL

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Alice said...

PS - bubble sweater is not my pattern -I messed up the shoulder and I made it striped while Austermann, the manufacturer of the yarn , created the pattern

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Rita said...

Sam does not look very amused, that's one big dog lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home