I was working outside today.
We have 2 small man-made ponds that are getting quite overgrown with the ground cover, Creeping Charlie.
I was making good progress cutting it back when it started to rain. Pleased with what I was doing I didn't want to come in right away so I was a bit soggy by the time I gave up and came inside.
I put the kettle on for a cup of tea, put dishes in the sink and turn the tap on to wash them.
I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and realized how wet my hair was.
After toweling my hair I combed it. Didn't like the way it look so was messing it up again when the kettle started to whistle.
My first thought when I went back to the kitchen was that the dogs had gotten into some fleece. There was a film fine white something all over the kitchen floor.
It was soap suds! I had left the tap running in the sink and it had overflowed. What a mess. The counter was flooded at both ends. Water had gone under the fridge and out into the hallway then on into the living-room.
Thank heaven we don't have carpet any more. At least I was able to get it cleaned up, hopefully with out any damage to anything. With carpet it would have ended up as a major clean up!
I think I should give up trying to multi task and stick to one thing at a time!! The floors look cleaner than they have in a long time though!

1 Comments:
LOL, multi-tasking gets me all the time now, nothing quite so spectacular though!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home