Saturday, July 21, 2007

I have managed to hit but not kill two of the mink with the pellet gun. Unfortunately there is not enough power in the gun to kill them. A friend is going to lend me a .22.
All the ducklings are dead as are the chicks. The only survivor is one tiny bantam chick who managed to escape from the nursery pen when the mink got in there.
I have put it and the blind rabbit in a cage together and it is so cute to see 'Titch' (the banty) snuggling up to the rabbit to stay warm.
A friend has loaned me a second trap and I am hopeful that I will eventually catch and kill the mink.

Jolene is such a little character. She has figured out that if she climbs onto the manger she is able to get onto the rabbit hutch and then onto the roof of the goat house. She can reach the leaves from the maple tree from there and is having quite the feast.



.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM , Blogger Rita said...

That Joelene's wonderful! Lovely pictures, it's good to find the good along with the bad. I have to say, in my limited experience, goats are just the most entertaining of creatures. They never seem to run out of joie de vivre lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home