Saturday, July 07, 2007


It looks like our summer has finally arrived.
The weather is great at last.

The ducks and chickens are loving the sunshine and enjoy basking in it when ever they can.

The ducklings are old enough now to come out of the nursery each morning. After a little encouragement from me they soon found the pond and now go in and out of it at will. They head back to the nursery each evening to the warmth of the heat lamp that they still need.

Jolene is growing well, her conformation looks good and her coat is very soft. It will be interesting to see how it is when she is older and how well it will spin.


We have had so much rain in the last couple of months that I thought the creek would stay fast flowing and high for longer than usual. However, it is slow running, shallow and safe for my boys to swim in. (my boys being Brandon and Colin our grandsons)

They love to come over for visits and spend most of their time in the water. If they are not in it they are scouring the
banks looking for frogs, snakes or lizards.

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Blogger Pat said...

This makes it all worth the sadness........the youngins are so cute...

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger Bristolcare said...

Thanks Pat.
I think your right..!

 
At 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to catch up with news of all the animals. I really enjoy reading your posts.
Sara from farmingfriends

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Rita said...

Those ducklings are just so sweet and looking really well. When will Jolene have her first shearing? I've heard some people shear twice a year?!!

I'm glad the weather is looking up for you over there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home