Saturday, August 04, 2007

The mink came back and killed one of our Khaki Campbell ducks. It was to be its last meal.
Using the body of the duck as bate, I reset the trap in a new location and caught the horrid little thing.
I had no qualms when it came to shooting it.
I reset the trap and within an hour we had another mink in there. It also got shot.
We probably will not see any more for a while but I will keep the trap set just in case..
The picture shows Ben checking out the body of one of them out.

I have 6 dogs here at the moment. 3 belong to us and the other 3 are, Angel, Missy and Little Dog. Angel is the Rotti that we are looking after, Missy is my friend Sharon's dog, Little Dog belongs to our son.
Sharon and her hubby are away for about 10 days. They are back some time next week. Our son left today and will return on Tuesday.
Angel and Little play together very well. It is great for me because once they are spent of their energy they collapse and sleep for hours, Which means I don't have them under foot all the time!
Picture is of Missy being checked out by Angel, whose head is almost as big as Missy!
I haven't taken any pictures of Little. I should because he is a very pretty Little Dog.

My heart go's out to farmers in England right now. Foot and Mouth has been found in 60 cattle on a farm in Surrey. If it can't be contained it could possibly destroy the lively hood of many farmers. It must be nerve racking right now to be a farmer in the vicinity of the affected farm.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that the mink took one of your ducks. I am glad you managed to catch the minks. I know how it feels when the fox took my guinea fowl I was very upset and felt it was my fault even though it wasn't.
Thank you for your kind words about the foot and mouth outbreak. Those farmers in the affected area must be very anxious. I hope it is isolated and dealt with quickly.
Sara from farmingfriends

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Alice said...

Congratulations on getting the minks.. I hope there arn't any others. I am truly impressed that your trap worked.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Rita said...

Well done on dispatching the Mink!! Result!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home