I traded a few rabbits for a rooster on the weekend.
We were invited to a friends house to celebrate his 60th birthday.
While enjoying the most wonderful spread of goodies that was available, I chatted to a another couple that were there.
Among other things, we were talking about dogs, pond building, chickens, ducks, and then rabbits.
I told them my rabbit story and you can imagine my surprise when they said how they would love to have rabbits on their property.
I told them they could have some the next day!
When we got home I started rounding up some of the rabbits.
Winnie and Simon run free and I would never part with them.
Benjamin is a lovely lop eared boy that we agreed to take for a young girl who was going away traveling.
Smudge is one of Winnie's second batch of babies that is kinda cute. Can't part with Smudge.
One little one has a sore spot on its tummy (that I caused by pulling too hard on a clump of mud that was stuck on it) so it is in the house at the moment. Can't let that one go yet.
Keeper, is well, a keeper,
two of the blond babies have avoided capture...
Although I know I need to keep the rabbit population down it was still hard to let them go. I think it was 8 or 9 rabbits that I finally agreed that I could part with.
They have gone to a nice new home with a little house full of straw and a fenced run. They will be well taken care of there.
In exchange for the rabbits we came home with a young rooster.
He will keep our chickens happy and hopefully in the spring start to rebuild our flock!

1 Comments:
He is yours if you want him/her? He/she is in in with the buggies at the mo and is sooo cute. Tummy is looking good now as well.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home