Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good new on the eggs that I thought I had cooked in the incubator.
A friend came over today and candled the the eggs for me.
Candling is a method used to see inside the egg. You can buy a candler, or use a flash light, by placing the flash light against the egg in a dark room you can see the embryo moving inside the shell. I had not seen it done before and got the biggest kick out of seeing the tiny embryo trying to move away from the light.
The guinea fowl eggs that were put in first are alive and well.
It is still a bit early to know if the eggs that I put in on Sunday survived the fluctuating temperature. Now I know how to test them I will do it myself in a few days.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM , Blogger Alice said...

Congrats on saving the guinea fowl - candling is such a low tech solution in our high tech lives.

 
At 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting. I look forward to your guinea fowl hatching out.
Sara from farmingfriends

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home