Wednesday, March 05, 2008



I took the fleece from last falls shearing to the mill to be be washed and picked.
I usually do it my self but it is time consuming.
As a treat to my self I thought it would be worth the cost to get it professionally washed and picked free of all the vegetation etc that inevitably gets caught in the fiber.
I had to wait a couple of month before getting it back and I think I wasted my money.

I carded a bit of it hoping the debris that was still in it would fall or be easy to pick out as it went through the carder.
No such luck. I don't know if I had too high of an expectation of how it would come back from the mill or if it is a bad job. I do know I won't be sending it away again.

I have about 13 lbs of fleece that I got back from the mill that I will have to pick through again. The goats are due to be sheared again in a couple of months so I need to get serious about working on it all and getting it ready to be carded and ready for spinning.
Now I just wish I knew how to knit!

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Blogger Duppa Dee said...

You can always take their bedding away and make them live in a sterile, no hay, no dirt environment with custom colostomy bags, then all you'd have to do is boil the lanolin off and wa lah!

Beautiful locks either way, though that's a long wait.

I candled our eggs (there are 30+) and I can see baby chickies growing!!!
EEEEE!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home