My goats are due to have their hooves trimmed.
I decided not to make the investment on a proper pair of hoof trimmers as they are quite expensive. Instead I use a $13 pair of tin snips. They are easy to handle and look and work like a pair of scissors. They work great on the hooves.
I tip the goats over and straddle them to trim and check their feet. Except for Arnie, he gets tied to the fence. He is too large to handle with anything but respect! lol
The goats also need to be powdered for mites. The powder has to get down to the skin. The angoras are not easy to do at this time of year. Their coats are long and thick, they haven't been sheared yet and getting down to the skin is no easy task.

2 Comments:
I don't know much about goats so I have found this very intersting.
Sara from farmingfriends
I too use tin snips to trim hooves. I just got mine and love them for goats after all these years of using pruners.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home