A neighbor dropped by the other day with 5 fresh Guinea Fowl eggs. I have put them in the incubator and it will take 28 day to see if I get any keets. Keets are what baby Guinea fowl are called.
I have decided that I want to raise only heritage breed chickens.
I will be getting some Black Australorp eggs from a friend this weekend that I will incubate.
If all goes well I should have some point of lay chicks for sale for next spring.
One of our two peacocks was hit and killed on the road recently. It was the male, his mate Sweet pea, was calling and calling for him for a few day after he was hit. It was very sad to hear her call for him knowing he wasn't around to answer her.
The darn raccoon is still prowling around. I keep the live trap set at all times but raccoons are very smart.
I think it was close to getting caught in the trap because two morning in a row the trap had been tipped over and dragged from its location. It now seems to be avoiding the trap as if its knows what it is.
I need to get creative and set it up so that the coon goes in and is trapped before it realizes it is entering a cage.
I did find Billy Boy caught in the trap the other day though!


1 Comments:
Good luck with the guinea fowl. i look forward to hearing all about them.
Sara from farmingfriends
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home