I have ordered 6 new goats. Only two are for me.
A couple of people have called me looking to buy Angora goats. I only have two adult Angoras and one doe kid so am not in a position to sell goats.
Angoras are not a common breed of goat here. In fact, there are only two of us who belong to the Vancouver Island Goats Association that have Angoras. The other members all have milking goats.
I was pleased to get the calls from people looking for the Angora goat and decided to do what I could to help them find goats for sell. I would like to see more people with the Angora and will do what I can to help promote them.
When I was looking to buy Angora goats for myself, I researched them for a while on the internet and made phone calls and sent emails to the breeders that were shown online. Most of the ones that I contacted didn't get back to me and the ones who did, didn't have goats for sell.
I knew I would have to look farther afield for them so contacted a breeder in Alberta. She not only had Angoras for sell, she was also willing to drive and meet us half way with them. (She is a 15 hour drive from us)
This time I have found a breeder on the mainland who has 3 kids that will be ready mid July.
I will go over and pick them up when they are ready as well as the breeding pair that I want for myself. The other kid will be ready a little later in the year.

1 Comments:
Sounds like you did a lot of hard work to locate your angora goats. Why did you decide to have this particular breed?
Sara from farmingfriends
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home