Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Well I am most disappointed over the eggs that I had in the incubator. The problems that I had with regulating the temperature did indeed make it imposable for the eggs to hatch.
I had 11/2 doz Guinea fowl and 2 doz Black Austrolorp eggs that I was hoping to hatch.
A new incubator will cost close to $200. Not sure if I can stretch my budget that far as I am working on getting a couple of new Angora goats.
I say 'working on' because I am slowly 'working on' getting Rob use to the idea that that is what I am planning on doing!

Jenny, our Angora doe had her first kid last Saturday. She had the easiest labor and delivery that you could imagine but she is not the greatest mom. We had to force her to stand still while we held her doeling on her to feed. By Sunday she had it figured out that this is what she is supposed be be doing. However, even though she is feeding her, she spends very little time with her baby, who we have named Abigail.

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger Duppa Dee said...

Aww that's like the little lambie we met named abigail! SO CUTE! Maybe she was post partum! So cute and congrats grandma

 
At 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby !! I was so thrilled that I got to meet Abigail on Sunday and can hardly wait to see how she changes week to week.

ps. I must express what a wonderful job the photographer did on that picture of Abigail !!! So cute

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home