Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It is looking like this may be day four of blue sky and sun shine.
Unfortunately I am a bit blah today and don't feel up to working outside, (or inside for that matter)
Trying not to stress over it though. Figure if I am at the computer I am not really wasting time !!! I'm sure that is debatable. lol

The chicken eggs that I have in the incubator started cheeping inside the shell last evening so hopefully today or tomorrow I will have some chicks. One of them is really singing up a storm this morning, it is so hard not to open the incubator and take a closer look to see if any are breaking through the shell yet. (Opening the lid causes the temperature to drop and at this stage any variance can be fatal for the chicks)

I have a second incubator with duck and goose eggs in it. They were only put in a couple of days ago so have a month before anything will happen there.
Neither incubator has an automatic egg turner so I have to turn each egg 3 or 4 times a day, Until the last 3 days when they are not turned or touched at all.
We also have a hen setting about 20 eggs outside. Depending on the success rate of each hatch I may have an abundance of new feathered critters running around soon.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Wow will be babies everywhere, can't wait for pics......

Spring is springinggggggg. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home