I have written about Arnie the goat and his horns before and how dangerous he is with them. He gets aggressive and isn't afraid to use them!
I have considered trying to find a new home for him but was hesitant to do that.
He hasn't had the greatest life up to now and once he leaves here who knows what would happen to him.
I talked to the vet about removing the horns, thinking it would be a huge surgical procedure to have done, however, the vet said it would be a fairly simple task.
So we made the decision to go ahead with the surgery.
We took him in this afternoon. He was given a shot to knock him out and then some freezing to deaden the area around the horns.
Using surgical wire the horns were cut off in seconds. Rob chose not to stay and went for a coffee. I stayed and watched. I will spare you the details! I kept the horns.
The picture is Molly checking out Arnie when he came home. He was still a bit groggy when I took the picture.
Molly has horns but is not a problem with them.

2 Comments:
I hope Arnie is recovering well after having his horns removed.
Sara from farmingfriends.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home