Sunday, April 29, 2007

I have very slowly been working on the sheep wool that I brought home a few weeks ago.
It is so time consuming trying to sort the good from the not so good to the down right unusable.
I have washed and carded some of it and I am anxious to start spinning it. however, the plan is to blend the wool with the mohair and the mohair won't get prepared if I am sat spinning.
I am finding the wool so much easier to work with. The mohair is fine and fly-away-ish. I know that's not a word but can't think of any other way to explain it..
Preparing the mohair seems to take forever. Every little lock has to be teased open before it can be carded and being so fine it seems to take for ever to fill the carder. The wool on the other hand just rolls onto the carded with out much effort and before I know it I have a nice large roving.

Our friend came and picked up Angel the Rottweiler last night. He missed her so much he said he will never leave her again.
He is now looking into another camp job closer to home where he will be able to take her with him.
Picture of Angel.
Picture of day old duck and week old chicken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home