It takes very little to make me happy, (as the last two post will attest to) unfortunately it also takes very little to get me totally stressed out!
This morning was one of those mornings that I realized I must be nuts to have these animal. What do I know about keeping animal?
Yesterday I did a half-assed job of cleaning the goat house out. That means there is extra to do today. STRESS
I didn't want to get out of bed. That is a bad start to the day. STRESS
Our goose is laying eggs in the most IN-THE-WAY places, Andy, her mate, is the big protector of the eggs, so anything that goes any where near the egg location is in big trouble. STRESS
Yesterday, Arnie the goat got chased by Andy. His only way of escape was through the pond. Of course he fell. This morning he is hobbling, STRESS.
Duke the Muscovy duck and Andie the goose usually get along harmoniously. This morning they got into a fight that looked like it would have gone to the death. Having to separating two very large fighting birds is not my idea of fun. STRESS
One of our chickens is setting on eggs that are due any day. There were 18 eggs under her to start with. I checked her out today and saw she was pecking at something. Looking closer I could see it was a broken egg shell, with a live chick in it.
The chick was all but full term but still needed time in the egg. I have know idea why she did it. STRESS
I looked under her and there are only 6 eggs there so I am guessing she has eaten the others. I took the egg and chick away from her and put it in the incubator. It died. STRESS
All this went on this morning when I went out to feed and clean every one. Half way through cleaning is when I found the chick so there went the rest of the cleaning.
I have a friend on her way over so won't get much more done outside today. More STRESS
Its days like today that I wonder why I am not living in a condo that just has a balcony and no space for critters!!

4 Comments:
You would feel like a pent up animal if you made that move. Trust me, it is no life.
You are free and you have your varmits, but I'm sure you have just as many good moments with them, look in that bathtub of yours.....you reap rewards.
I truely envy your life over there, Green Acres, yes, but what a life, and you may not believe it but it will keep ya young and healthy.
Smile, looks good on you....
Hugs
I have been looking after two granchildren age 8 years and three years here for three days - you think you have stress!!! at least cvritters can be locked up for the night!!!!
Hi Diane
I had to laugh when I read subrihey's comment, because what people do not realize that besides everything you have listed in your post, you also have that, plus the 2 young grandkids that you frequently have over and spend hours at a time in the yard and building bonfires. But then actually, I think that is rather a release for you when you are feeling stressed !! Although for myself, I am with Subrihey, I totally understand her stress were I to have an 8 year old and a 3 year old at my house !! LOL
All I know is that there is never a dull moment at your home and it is always a wonderful warm and welcoming place to be!!
your friend
Sharon
Don't let the illusion of a small condo fool you. There's ALWAYS room for critters, regardless of the size of the place. I know it wasn't funny at the time, nevertheless, this post made me chuckle. Give me the four legged variety of animals over the two legged ones any day!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home