Friday, April 06, 2007


My friend, Sharon, thinks I must be a little crazy.
She just doesn't understand how I can practically drool over a bag of dirty hair that was sheared from a goat..
When she sees the back of my car she will have no doubt in her mind about my 'mental' state.
But, How, could I possibly pass up an offer of all that sheep wool!!!

I got a call from a farmer who had just had his sheep sheared by the same shearer that did my goats.
Wool from his 9 sheep was going to the dump unless I was interested in having it. Oh my gosh..I went out to pick it up before he changed his mind. I will need to wear a bib for a few days for all the drool. lol
It is straight off the barn floor, not sorted or cleaned.
I am going to share it with a friend, who, is going to help me with the sorting, cleaning of it etc.

Anyone remember the vest I started? (about a year ago)
Now you see it. Now you don't.
Turns out I made it far too big. I took a picture of it before undoing it. I will start it again in a smaller size. Huff..

Happy Easter to all.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 PM , Blogger Rita said...

You must be in fibre heaven, Happy Easter!

 
At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG LOL As if you did not have enough dirty fleece of your own to sort !! Now you are seeking it out!! Just imagine how many Virtual Vests you can make out of all that "LOVELY" fleece !! LOL

You are so right, I just do not totally understand, I look at that and see nothing but "Work" but I know what Joy it brings you, and therefore in that sense I can understand. I am so fortunate to have such a creative, talented and patient(sorting and cleaning ewww) friend !! I am very happy for you !!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home