Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I have been doing this blog for just over a year..
I feel like I have two new friends because of it. Pat, is from Vancouver and Rita from France. They are regular readers that I have never met. I always appreciate the nice comments that they leave on my blog.

I didn't think I would get past the first few posts with out running out of thing to write about. Now I realize that having a yard full of critters means there is usually something happening, no matter how mundane it may seem.

The first critters we got out side were chickens.
Friends were moveing and couldn't take their chickens with them. Said they would build the coop if we would take them.
After the chickens came the ducks.
With chickens and ducks laying eggs all over the place it made perfect sense to us to get an incubator and hatch more chickens and ducks!
Then came the rabbits.
Our first bunny was Winston, who of course turned out to be Winnie. We got Simon to keep WINSTON cumpany, however, Instead of having two male bunnies as we thought, we had Simon and Winnie who started the rabbit population that we now have.
From the rabbits we got two goats. We now have 6.
We also have geese and almost had a peacock.
Two of our three dog are Greyhounds rescued from the track. Our other dog is an old grumpy Llasa Apso. She is such a nasty little thing that I am sure she will out live a us all just for spite!!

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention your 2 legged critter, which is probably the most demanding and most work of all, at least if he is anything like mine !!! LOL

But you do a beautiful job of taking care of them all !!

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger Rita said...

I think we should have a plan of your place so we know how they all fit together. Tell us your routine - I've just let the chickens out and now the 'pacas are looking over the gate waiting for breakfast.

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Carolynn Anctil said...

It may be time to build an ark....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home