Now the work begins with the fibre.
This has to be sorted into usable and none usable.
Although looking at it I think it is all usable. I kept the rear end of the goats trimmed so not to much poopy area to worry about.
Once I get it sorted it will have to be washed.
I do that in the bath tub. What a horrid time consuming job that is!
It has to go into water that is too hot to put your hand into. It need to soak for a bit and the water need to be kept hot. The water turns to mud, then you repeat this until to water is no longer mud.
You then have to rinse it all, again in very hot water, over and over and over again.
Last year I took a chance and put it in the drier for a very short time.
After the fact I was told DO NOT PUT IT IN THE DRIER. Fortunatly it was ok. I didn't leave it in for very long so no damage was done.
I don't think I will chance it again though!
Not sure when I will get started on it. I will post pics as I go.

2 Comments:
Hi Pat you will have to come to the island to visit, then maybe I can make your scarf..LOL
Wow thanks for the invite.....and thank Brenda for the offer, you guys make me wish i lived near you both.......love what you do...
Does Brenda have a blog too?
That fleece looks amazing.....glad you know what you are doing.....I don't have a clue......
I'm busy watching the Dog Whisperer tapes from the Oprah Show.....lol And have ordered a training book......wish me luck...
Hugs
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home