Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I went out side the other morning to find my little bantam hen dead and headless.
The mink are back.
I have two traps set but nothing so far in either of them.
I keep the traps set at all times but became complacent and didn't keep them fresh bated, thinking it would be spring time before we saw the mink again.
It could have been a transient mink just passing through and may not be back.
I am almost hoping it comes back and ends up in the trap. I will feel better catching it than wondering each morning if it has killed some thing else.

I put 20 chicken eggs in the incubator. Only 3 hatched and one of them who was sickly from the start died this morning at 4 days old.

Sara from Farming Friends posted on her blog that she got a mucking out shovel for her birthday.
Between my birthday and Christmas gifts from my hubby I have received 3 pair of good outdoor gloves, a sowester and an electric chain saw.
Not too many wives would be thrilled with such gifts, me on the other hand was totally ecstatic!

2 Comments:

At 3:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your hen - it is terrible when something like this happens. I hope your chicks do well.
I am beginning to like practical gifts.
Sara from farmingfriends

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Duppa Dee said...

Aww poor banty, I lost my Bantam cochin 'Tofu' this year, my heart broke, he would actually snuggle.
You're starting early on your eggs!! Where are you getting them from? Any idea where I can get my hands on some guinea fowl? That picture should be your next years xmas cards, it's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home