
Look how pretty and innocent Princess is looking. She has a fresh pink bandage on her leg that so far she hasn't tried to chew off.
I was so mad at her the other day that I email the Greyhound league and told them to find another foster home for her.
She has been forgiven for chewing 4 pair of shoes (All mine) the side of my spinning wheel, the arm of the couch along with many other things.
She went too far a couple of days ago when she took a gift off of the kitchen counter and pulled it apart.
I belong to the local Spinners and Weavers Guild. It is our Christmas pot luck dinner this evening and we are to take a home made gift for the gift exchange.
I spin, that is it, I don't knit or crochet or weave or do any crafts with my spun yarn. I had no clue what to take for a gift.
I thought of asking my daughter to bake some home made cookies that I could put on a festive plate and pass that off as something home made.
Friend Sharon, told me just what she thought of that ideal and said it had to be something to do with spinning.
OK, What?
Smarty pants Sharon suggested putting a picture of My Goat, Hey Babe on a gift bag with some of his fleece inside.
How simple and perfect is that!
I am the only one of our group who has angora goats so of course any of them will be thrilled to have some of his fiber to spin.
I thought I has sent all the fiber to the mill but after a search I found some that I have already carded ready for spinning. I also found a small skien of spun mohair.
That is what Princess took off of the counter.
As I said, At the time It was the last straw!
Any how. I was able to re card the fiber and untangle the yarn and re spin and put it back into a skien.
Again she has been forgiven, I also email the league back and told them I will continue being her foster mum.

4 Comments:
I'm not surprised you were mad! What a brilliant gift idea from Sharon too. I'm going to pinch it - if ever I'm in the position of needing a gift for a spinning group. That's assuming I will remember of course lol.
I love the innocent look of Princess on the couch! There is a fellow down the road from me with two greyhounds.... I wonder if he has as much trouble as you are having with Princess?
Hi Alice. I don't think any Greyhound gets into as much trouble as Princess! lol
I Love the picture of Princess!! She's so dainty with her pink cast and crossed legs. I do wuv her to bits.
That is a GORGEOUS goat!! Kathy said the reason she picked the bag was because of the goat picture!! She's easily fooled!
I'm bookmarking your blog now!! So glad to see you've got one! Sorry you had to see me well up and bawl yesterday *how embarassing* It's been 15 years since I've seen Diane! (the one with one 'N') See you on a weekly basis!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home