Sunday, February 03, 2008

Well, my last post was telling you about the hawk that was here.
The week following its great escape from the woman that came to rescue it was quite eventful.

I got a call back from the Raptor Center that I had contacted about the bird.
I was put in touch with a lady in my area that works at the center who is on maternity leave.
She is obviously dedicated to birds of pray.
She was very helpful and even though she was on leave from work, she came out here twice in the hope of being able to help capture the hawk.
She was able to locate the birds owner who also came here hoping to find the bird still here.
He eventually brought and set a trap in the hope of of re-capturing it.

He told me the hawk is a mature Harlan Red Tail. I have no clue if I have the correct spelling on that but that is the way it sounded to me!
It made its escape along with a couple of falcons when, during the last snow fall the roof of the bird house collapsed.

We saw the bird last Saturday and again last Sunday but had no sightings of it at all during this past week.

This morning our dogs started barking. As well, our ducks, chickens and even the pea fowl started squawking out side.
I looked out the window and sure enough the hawk was finally in the trap!
I was so happy to see it captured again.

I called its owner who came right over to pick it up. He was very relieved and greatfull to get his bird back safely.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM , Blogger Alice said...

What a beautiful bird! Glad to see that its gone home.

 
At 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an eventful time you have had with the hawk. The bird looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing the story. i am glad that the hawk has now been safely returned. sara from farmingfriends

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home