
My little Japaneses hen had 7 chicks. Unfortunately one of them drowned in the water pail but the other 6 are all doing well.
I have put rocks in the bottom of the water dish so that the others will not come to the same fate as the little one that fell in the water dish.
I have also got 4 little Guinea fowl chicks. They are so tiny. It is the first time I have had Guinea fowl so it will be interesting to watch them grow.
Also I managed to get 3 Welsh Harlequin ducks and the promise of 2 more after they finish sitting eggs. Welsh Harlequin are a heritage breed of duck and not easily found here.

The fellow who had them lives in the city and has a rather zealous neighbor when it comes to the city by-laws. He reported the fact to the City who sent a notice saying the ducks had to go. I got a cll from a friend telling me about them and I called the guy right away. luckily for me I was the first to call him and my call was before the 'Ducks for sell' add went in the paper.
He told me he had so many calls from people who wanted to buy them.
He also had a pair of White Silkie bantam chickens. I have them as well, The hen is on eggs so I should be able to sell the chicks and recoup some of the money that I spent on them all.
I also have more baby rabbits! They
are so cute. It is the first time we have has black and white rabbits. I am hoping that one of the black and white is a female. I will be able to keep her in the pen with the other girls.

3 Comments:
WOW! What a huge increase in the number of critters you have. I found out the other day that I could have chickens or rabbits in my yard but I can't imagine Alex or the girls leaving them alone.
What a lot of new animals you have. Putting marbles in the guinea fowl keets water container helps to stop them drowning. Guinea fowl keets love lettuce shredded. it's like watching a rugby match watching them chase each other for the lettuce.
Best wishes to all your new animals.
Sara from farmingfriends
Oooohhh.....that is one cute little bundle you have in your hand there!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home