Two chicks have hatched so far. One more is poking through the shell. I don't think that one is doing so well though.
The other two were out fairly soon after cracking their shell. The new one looks like it is stuck to the liner that is inside the shell.
I did a no-no and opened the lid and added more water to the trough. A bit more humidity may help it. Hope I was fast enough not to let it get chilled.
Hey Babe seems fine after his foot trapping incident. I kept him penned for a day to allow the swelling to go down. Looking at him walking around you would never know he had injured himself.
I will have to find a shearer for them soon. He and Jenny have never been sheared and they are now 10 months old. Their fleece is very long, and very lovely. I will be sure and take before and after pictures and post them on here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home