Princess had her surgery and came through it with flying colours.
I took her over to Vancouver on Monday, she had surgery Tuesday and was allowed home Wednesday.
The splint has to be changed every 5 days by our local vet. She will be splinted for at least 8 weeks and will need leash only walks for 3 months.
The bill for all this will be approximately $4.500!
Thank goodness the Northwest Canadian Greyhound League are able to pay for it. There will no doubt be a fund raiser to help.
I was very fortunate to be able to stay with a friend for the two day I was in Vancouver. Her hospitality was so much appreciated. Also her own 3 dogs, Benny, Jolie and Sophie were very tolerant of Princess being in their space.


4 Comments:
So pleased to hear that Princess is ok. What a relief. Sara from farmingfriends
That's great news!
Those dogs are too cute.........I have a helluva time with one let alone three.......lol
Glad Princess and you are home safe and sound.....and good news about the tab.
Take care
I love the picture of your friend's dogs ... they look like quite a crew. I'm also pleased to hear about the surgery. I'm sure her recovery will be quick and uneventful with such a caring family to help her through it. Good luck with those leash walks.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home