It has been cold here the past couple of mornings. The ducks are having problems getting out of their pond because the sides are so slippery with ice.
We had some old carpet remnants outside so yesterday I put a strip of carpet at the edge of the pond to help them get out.
It looked like it was working great yesterday. This morning however, as I watched them struggling to get out of the pond by using the carpet, I realized that I had obviously not though it through very well.
The carpet of course, had as much ice on it as the rest of the pond!
I have now put a strip of small meshed wire over the carpet in the hope that it will be enough for them to grip onto when they come out of the pond.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home