Wednesday, November 28, 2007


It is damp, foggy and overcast today.

This has to be the most unattractive time of the year around here.
The trees are bare of their leaves and the ground is covered with them.
When the leaves first fall I love the way they look covering the ground but after so much rain plus the dusting of snow we had yesterday, it is all looking very unkempt and neglected.
The goat yard is very muddy and so are the goats.
In spite of that I wouldn't want to change a thing.
Walking through the leaves heading down to the creek with the dogs, no matter how cold, rainy or windy, gives me so much pleasure.
Sometime I forget how fortunate I am to live where I live, to have what I have.
It may not be much but to me I live in a little part of heaven.

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds idyllic. We are so lucky to live in the countryside.
I like the atmospheric photos.
Sara from farmingfriends

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Bristolcare said...

Thanks Sara for reading and leaving nice comments on my blog

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Rita said...

I'm glad you enjoy your little bit of heaven

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home